Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Egg

This poem is proof that I write what entertains me without worrying if others will like it.  I don't expect ANYONE to be entertained by this poem, but it was fun to write.  If you get a kick out of it then let me know.  I have a psychiatrist that I can recommend.  He has done wonders for both my personalities.


The Egg
I sincerely hope I am not the first
Not the only one in the universe

To declare their love and gratitude
If it is so I find it terribly rude

For who has given more and taken less
Go right ahead and take a guess

How can I keep my love silent any longer
To do so would make me a fan of needless hunger

Is there no limit to her many faces
Her variety of offerings is impressive

A pot, a pan, or even a wisked mixture
Or mixed with salad to add taste and texture

A rhyming doctor has long ago seen
They are so yummy even when green

Alexander the Great conquered and plundered
His success a sure sign he ate plenty of these when hungered

Despite her beauty she is not a diva
Sharing her plate with bacon or even pita

1 comment:

I received several complaints from readers who couldn't post a comment. I fixed that. Anyone can post now.